Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Ricotta Cheese Canoli Pancakes...


This tasty recipe arose from my cütie pie husband asking me what kind of delicous breakfast treat was on the menü for this past weekend and me getting creative with some ricotta cheese that's been hanging around in the refrigerator. Grant it- the ricotta was bought for a pürpose which compeltely eludes me now... and it's not set to expire until September (jeepers that stuff can hold a long time!) So I decided to üse some of it up... I think I was going to use it for home made cannoli filling... which I haven't gotten to yet... I digress.. in the meantime I put it to good use in these Ricotta Cheese Canoli Pancakes... Enjoy!


Dina's Ricotta Cheese Canoli Pancakes
1 egg
1 c. organic full fat milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
a few grinds of sweet sea salt
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
2 heaping tbsp. of confectioner's sugar (to taste- use your judgement)
a handful of mini sweet chocolate chips if desired

Directions
Beat egg, milk and vanilla together. Combine remaining ingredients and stir into the batter, just until somewhat smooth, but slightly lumpy. Don't over mix.

To make pancakes; pour a little batter onto a hot griddle. Leave at least 2" of space between pancakes. Allow them to cook until the tops of pancakes are bubbled, then turn with spatula. Cook just until the underside is lightly browned. Serve with a few slabs of country fresh cream butter, grade A maple syrup, and a tall glass of whole organic milk... yes- these are as sweet and light as the summer wind!

xoxoXOX <3>Üdo

Enjoy with a little of Ol' Blue Eyes in the background.

2 comments:

babybear said...

these look and sound awesome

Udo Umami said...

thanks! I assure you they tasted awesome too! Weee! XOoX <3 Üdo